Zoom is a full-featured web and video conferencing solution that offers the ability to have online meetings with anyone on campus or even around the world. Features include: video conferencing, screen sharing, remote control, breakout rooms, and even the ability to record your meetings.
As a faculty member at SNU, you have access to an SNU Zoom account using your SNU credentials. For help accessing your SNU Zoom account or setting up meetings, sharing recordings, and allowing student access to Zoom in Canvas, visit the Zoom in Canvas page.
If you are accessing your SNU Zoom account for the FIRST TIME, navigate to https://snu.zoom.us/ to sign-in and configure your account.
General Zoom Support How To’s
- Schedule a Meeting – It is suggested to NOT use your Personal Meeting ID for classroom meetings.
- Join a Meeting
- Meeting Controls & Settings
- Waiting Room – As of March 31st, Zoom has automatically turned on the Waiting Room feature for all accounts in an effort to better secure your Zoom meetings. Watch this 2-minute video breaking down how to admit participants from your waiting room into the meeting. What’s more, read this blog post to learn how to secure your virtual classroom.
- Gallery View – If you want to show all participants at once.
- Removing Participants – This might be necessary if someone unexpected joins a Zoom meeting (such as if you are “Zoombombed.”)
- Record and Access MP4
- Breakout Rooms Video Tutorial