- All student assignments and professor feedback must be submitted to and graded in Canvas.
- Submit grades and feedback within 48 hours of the next due date.
- Grade late work each week and apply late deductions as outlined in the Late Homework Policy in the current SNU Catalog or provided by your specific department or division.
- Provide individual (private) feedback for each discussion forum and drop box assignment using the grading rubrics and Canvas SpeedGrader tools.
- Encourage and share something positive regarding student work.
- Integrate Socratic questioning to extend critical thinking skills in your grading feedback. See Socratic question examples below:
Sutton, J. (2020, June 19) Socratic questioning in psychology: Examples and techniques.. Positive Psychology. https://positivepsychology.com/socratic-questioning/
This video below provides an overview of using SpeedGrader in Canvas:
Need more information? Check out these Guides!
- What is SpeedGrader?
- How Do I Use SpeedGrader?
- How do I leave feedback comments for student submissions in SpeedGrader?