As an instructor building your own course, you can create, edit, and delete rubrics in your course. Rubrics are used as grading criteria for students and can be added to assignments, quizzes, and graded discussions.
(Rubrics are already added to Professional and Graduate Studies courses.)
- How do I manage rubrics in a course?
- How do I add a rubric in a course?
- How do I add a rubric to an assignment?
- How do I add a rubric to a graded discussion?
- How do I add a rubric to a quiz?
- Learn more about Canvas Rubrics.
Drawing a blank?
Not sure what to put in your rubric?
Let us help.
- Rubrics cannot be edited once they have been added to more than one assignment.
- When you delete a rubric, Canvas will remove the rubric from all associated assignments in the course and remove any existing scores and assessments given using the rubric.
- When creating or choosing a rubric, you must check the “Use this Rubric for Assignment Grading” box in order for it to function in SpeedGrader.